Monday, May 18, 2009

A Glimpse into Longboard Culture




This basically sums of the core behind any group of surfing friends; tight-knit scraggly hooligans whose bold lust for surfing makes them appear to be grounded in something, but really we are all willy nilly and our lives change directions with the swells.  And there is nothing grounded about that, my friends. 

I first felt this bond in Malibu with my surfing friends there. We party together, spit game at tourists together, surf, bask in the sunlight, break laws, and intimidate those bastards that used to make fun of us in high school.

Now I'm in San Diego and I have found a parallel universe; a surfing family not unlike my own other than the fact that it is not my own. All the other transient college surfer girls have already been picked off and coupled up with one of those locals boys (who are really more like men). Oh but alas, cursed maturity, I know better. I know that such placement would make me one of the broads that stands on the side of the pictures just to look pretty but gets not real respect other than being mostly cool and giving good head. 
(especially since pure attraction does not guide me to any of their beds)

Its an odd social construct, the surfing community, especially when you are in your hormonal twenties. Its a lot like this:


 

That lust for longboard nostalgia and basic aesthetic pleasantries. But I have never been the type of hussie to get paired off for the sake of being in with the group. However stunting this may be to my social growth, I did it back home and I'll do it here. 

5 comments:

  1. giving good head can NOT be over rated.
    i sold my longboard last year... it needs replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rowdy Style, I will have to disagree with you there.
    & sadly enough I have none to sell :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patricia, I will have to reverse disagree with you there. And there. Good head can never, ever, never be over rated. It can be placed too high "on the list" but intrinsically, of itself, it can not be over rated.

    I'm getting an egg or a fish for my next board. No need to sell yourself. Your board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all set to "agree to disagree" but it seems like by your "ha" that I've won......

    ReplyDelete