Monday, May 25, 2009

From the wee hours

I can't sleep. 
I was just in a borderline stranger's living room falling asleep on the couch watching "Planet Earth" and now I'm buzzing with energy in my own sheets. Inconvenient. 

I realized it was summer today on my run when an ice cream truck inched by and thensprinklers simultaneously turned on to water the lawns decorated with American flags. Oh summer in suburbia; can't wait. 

I was sitting on a roof the other day, one of those nice paneled ones, staring at the surrounding culdesaqs (eh?) of the neighborhood, waiting to go to a BBQ, and it was also then that I felt a little hint of summer. 

Deary me, maybe am I tired.  I have been thriving on beer and burritos as of late and fear that I am becoming a Mission Beach wench with too much tan and beer gut. I think I'll get the butterfly tattoo tomorrow. It'll be cute, so it's chill, ya know?...platform sandals? 

I want to quit drinking for awhile but I've already done coffee and cigarettes and I don't think this week is the best to try the trifecta of sobriety; my first and perhaps last week of living in San Diego with not a damn thing to do other than get into trouble. I'm right on schedule thus far. 

Sorry, no picture today.

2 comments:

  1. you're leaving soon?! back to LA, grimy grimy LA!

    "cul-de-sac" or plural "culs-de-sac"

    ReplyDelete
  2. please please please do not emerge from your chrysalis as a "m.b. wench"

    ReplyDelete